Monday, March 23, 2015

Sometimes We have to Redo It (SOL Day 23)

As I was reading with one of my first graders today, he was being a bit uncooperative.  Each time he would make a mistake, he would insist that he had said the word correctly.  When I would ask him to reread the page to correct his error he would become frustrated.  At one point he said, "Why do I have to start over again?"  My response was, "These are words that I know that YOU know.  Each time you read these words incorrectly, you have to go back and reread that part again."  He straightened up, took a deep breath, and reread that part again perfectly.  He continued to read the remainder of the book accurately and with confidence.  When he was finished, he smiled and I smiled back at him.

Reflecting on this moment, I'm thinking about some of the things we may have to do again in our lives.  Here are a few things that come to mind.



  • We rewrite writing pieces.
  • We reread books.
  • We replay movies and songs.
  • We reorganize our closets, offices and work spaces.
  • We reexamine our motives and priorities.
  • We reconsider our decisions.
  • We rekindle relationships.
  • We rework our plans.
  • We revise our goals.
  • We reclaim territories and positions.
  • We reacquaint with friends, family and colleagues.
  • We recharge our batteries.

What are some other things we may have to do over?  Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment