Friday, March 9, 2012

(SOLS 9) I Remember...

I remember walking barefoot with sand squishing between my toes.

I remember the warmth of the sun on my face, arms, and feet.

I remember Turtle Sundaes on warm evenings.


I remember the morning melodies of the birds singing their sweet songs.

I remember the fog settling over the creek and then disappearing before my eyes.

I remember open windows, fresh air, and the gentle breeze of the day.


I remember fresh corn, green beans, and tomatoes.

I remember picnics, cookouts, and festivals.

I remember long walks, short runs, and just right bike rides.


I remember..... SUMMER!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so relaxing and lovely. You made me long for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm remembering summer, too! Great post to remind us of what's coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaahhhh! I love your poem. "Sand squishing between my toes" is my favorite part. Can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete